This podcast is all about how to take two days of learning and transform it into 12 months of ‘speak up’ skills being utilised by your leaders, managers and their teams every day within your organisation
Carolyn Hawe is the learning and Development Adviser from Wellington City Council. Carolyn and her team have recently incorporated a comprehensive skill embedding process into their current LMS.
The skills are based on more than 30 years of research, strongly evidence-based and well grounded in the fundamentals of human behaviour – and completely counterintuitive! Whilst the two days training is very comprehensive, there is much more to be done to embed the skills and create a common language around performance and accountability
Inside this episode you’ll learn
- Why WCC identified a problem with their current Crucial Conversations training rollout
- Their triangular method for better understanding the problem
- The tools they used to create a nine module drip feed system
- Why they needed a ‘push’ methodology
- Why videos made such a big difference in how they incorporated them into their learning
Thanks for joining us and we hope you enjoy learning how to significantly improve your ‘speak up skills’ ROI through a formalised embedding system. How to create and sustain a common language around performance and accountability. If you enjoyed please leave us a review on iTunes.
As we mentioned in the podcast, click here for a copy of our ‘Fulfilment’ Program
If you want to learn more about VitalSmarts skills mastery please subscribe and feel free to review and share with your associates.