VitalSmarts Australia New Zealand is committed to protecting the privacy of those who visit our websites and with whom we do business. As part of our normal operations, we collect different kinds of information about our website visitors. We have, however, structured our websites so that people have the option to visit without identifying themselves or revealing any personal information.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Browsing – If you are simply browsing or navigating through our website, we collect information about your computer and the pages you visit on our website in the aggregate (not individual or personal information). This data is often referred to as clickstream or navigation data. We use this information for research, analysis and reporting so that we can improve our navigation, page structure and page content to help visitors find information more quickly and provide more value when they find what they are looking for on our website.
- Purchasing – For purchasing in our online store or registering for events or courses, we will require you to create an account with us. We collect information in this account that enables us to complete your order and/or registration and streamline your purchasing process the next time you order from us. Furthermore, we will give you the ability to view and update this information if you so choose.
- Completing Surveys – For surveys, we collect responses to help us improve various aspects of our business based on aggregate and individual feedback provided. These surveys are sent via opt-in marketing programs or are made available on our website for you to participate if you so choose.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
If you choose to provide us with your personal data, as contemplated above, in addition to using the data for the express purpose for which it was provided, we may, if permitted by applicable law, use your information to:
- Process a payment that you have made
- Process orders that you have submitted
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us (or by your employer and us)
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide through surveys or otherwise
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you, including activities or promotions of our products or services, or those of our affiliates
- Send you newsletters, event notices and announcements
- Process a job application
As a global organization offering a wide range of products and services, with business processes, management structures and technical systems that cross borders, we have implemented global policies, along with standards and procedures, for consistent protection of personal information. As a global company, we may share information about you with our subsidiaries worldwide and transfer it to countries in the world where we do business in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Between our controlled subsidiaries, we only grant access to personal information on a need-to-know basis, necessary for the purposes for which such access is granted. In some cases, we use suppliers located in various countries to collect, use, analyze, and otherwise process personal information on our behalf.
Where appropriate, we may also share your personal information with selected partners to help us provide you, or the company you work for, products or services, or to fulfill your requests, or with your consent. When selecting our suppliers and partners, we take into account their data handling processes.
If we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries, such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of such information from sellers. It is our practice to require appropriate protection for personal information in these types of transactions.
If you do not wish for us to use your data in the ways described above, you may follow the instructions contained in the relevant communication, update your communication preferences in your online account (if applicable), or follow the instructions below, under the heading “YOUR RIGHTS.”
Please be aware that, in certain circumstances, personal information may be subject to disclosure to government agencies pursuant to judicial proceedings, court order, or legal process. We may also share your personal information to protect our rights or property, or that of our business partners, suppliers or clients, and others when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such rights or property have been, or could be, affected.
We may place email links on this site to allow you to contact us directly via email. The information you provide is used to respond directly to your questions or comments. Those comments may be stored to improve the quality of our site and our services.
In addition, from time to time, we will purchase or rent relevant public mailing lists from reputable agencies that have obtained your prior approval to receive relevant information based on your personal preferences. Any promotional information sent to you by us will contain instructions on how to be removed from a mailing list source. We will also freely provide information about how and from whom your personal details were given to us when requested.
Our international footprint may involve the transfer of personal information between different subsidiaries, as well as to third parties located in the countries where we do business. Some countries have implemented transfer restrictions for personal information. Where required, we implement Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the EU Commission, or similar contractual clauses in other jurisdictions. This includes transfers to suppliers or other third parties.
INFORMATION SECURITY AND ACCURACY
We intend to protect your personal information and to maintain its accuracy. We implement reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We also require that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
We will not retain personal information longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is processed, including the security of our processing complying with legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. audit, accounting and statutory retention terms), handling disputes, and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims in the countries where we do business.
Because the circumstances may vary depending on the context and the services, the information provided in Online Privacy Statement or provided in a specific notice may provide more detailed information on applicable retention terms. In the event that we process your data for marketing purposes, we will delete your data if we have not received any responses to our marketing activities for a period of three years. The deletion will occur within six months of such three-year period elapsing.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have a question related to this Privacy Notice, please contact us by sending a message to https://vitalsmarts.com.au/contact/. Your message should include our company name (so that we can identify which Vitalsmarts ANZ company you are contacting us about) and will be forwarded to the appropriate member of our legal or compliance team.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the controller of your personal information is VitalSmarts Australia New Zealand, Level 1, 363 Camberwell Road,
Camberwell VIC 3124.
VitalSmarts Australia New Zealand is not the controller in situations such as personal information processed in connection with a contractual relationship. In this case, the controller of personal information is the company with which we have contracted (such as your employer) unless otherwise agreed in that contract.
You can request to access, update or correct your personal information. You also have the right to object to direct marketing. To make such a request or lodge such an objection, please send a message https://vitalsmarts.com.au/contact/. We will contact you if we need more information to process your request.
You may have additional rights pursuant to your local law applicable to the processing. For example, if the processing of your personal information is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and your personal information is processed based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your specific situation. Under GDPR you may also have the right to request to have your personal information deleted or restricted and ask for portability of your personal information. You can make these requests by sending a message to https://vitalsmarts.com.au/contact/, providing the details of your request.
RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
In the event you consider our processing of your personal information not to be compliant with the applicable data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint directly with us by sending a message to https://vitalsmarts.com.au/contact/ and providing specific details of the complaint, including the name of the company to which it pertains. You may also be eligible to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority. The names and contact details of the Data Protection Authorities in the European Union can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
We are concerned about the privacy of young children and do not knowingly collect any personal information from a child under the age of 13. If we learn that we have personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our records and systems.
We employ procedural and technical measures that are designed to help protect your personal information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, we cannot guarantee that third parties will not overcome any such measures and gain access to your information for unauthorized purposes. By using the website, you accept the risk that compromise of and unauthorized access to your information is possible. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim any warranty or guarantee that your information will be protected from misuse, appropriation, alteration, or loss.
All data submitted in our online store (if any) is submitted using secure transport technologies to provide you with the utmost in protection for your private information.
This website may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose or access customer information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation or civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case or administrative investigation.
- The content on this website is copyrighted material owned by us. It is provided for your general information only, and is subject to change without notice. We reserve all rights with respect to the website, including without limitation, copyright and intellectual property rights.
- The website is provided on an “as is” basis. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the accuracy, completeness, suitability, timeliness, availability or reliability of the website or the information or materials found or offered on the site. We disclaim all implied warranties, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of data and non-infringement.
- Neither we, nor any of our affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, partners or owners shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever related to the use of this website.
- VitalSmarts, Crucial Conversations, Crucial Accountability, Influencer Training, Crucial Skills, and the Vital Head are registered trademarks and CCORE, Style Under Stress, and Six Sources of Influence are trademarks of VitalSmarts ANZ, L.C.
- GTD, Getting Things Done, Mind Like Water, Horizons of Focus, and “Your mind is for having ideas, not holding them” are registered trademarks owned by David Allen Company and used with permission by VitalSmarts ANZ.
VitalSmarts ANZ distributes Getting Things Done® Training within Australia and New Zealand only.
- Any claim or cause of action arising out of, or related to, the use of the website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware regardless of where the website was accessed or the country of origin of the claimant.
Camberwell VIC 3124
1800 317 347
Please note that any requests described above to be made to https://vitalsmarts.com.au/contact/ may also be made by sending a letter to the above postal address. Any such letter should include contact information – preferably an e-mail address – so that we can contact you. Requests made by standard mail will take longer to process due to the time it takes for correspondence to be exchanged.
We reserve the right to update or modify this policy at any time.