E.200 – The One Lesson You Didn’t Expect to Learn from a Mafia Lawyer
The Personal Virus: A Culture of Resistance
In a culture of resistance, leaders find their ‘go to’ people and solely rely on them to solve the hard problems. In these organisations, only about 5% of the staff are challenged with this. The remaining 95% (the infected) are not even considered.
The Interpersonal Virus: Culture of Silence
This is the most profound viruses in organisations today. In this culture, employees avoid speaking up about emotionally and politically risky issues. The unwritten rule: “We value harmony over results.” In other words, we don’t want truth here. Between truth and power, we value power.
But when an organisation wants people to make the best decisions, execute collectively, and innovate consistently, they have to speak truth to power.
The Team Virus: Culture of Collusion With this virus, employees adopt a code of silence about accountability problems. It’s a collusion: I won’t hold you accountable, you don’t hold me accountable, and we’ll pretend everything’s okay.
Unwritten Rule: “Don’t confront me and I won’t confront you.”
But what happens when confrontation becomes possible?
In thriving organisations you’ll find that anyone can hold anyone accountable and they’re more successful because of it.
The Organisational Virus: Culture of Cynicism How many of you have heard the phrase “Flavour of the Month”? That’s not exactly an optimistic phrase in business. Usually people say it when someone announces a bold new idea. They’re thinking, “We’ll see if that happens!”
Why? Because the idea is contingent on changing behaviour and the organisation doesn’t know how to change.
Unwritten Rule: “Wait it out.”
Is there an antidote?
The viruses are costly. They stifle execution and innovation and therefore limit success. But what if you had the converse?
Organisations where individuals are capable of self-directed change, intellectual honesty, and peer accountability thrive. When leaders who know how to influence sustainable behaviour change, their organisations begin to execute and innovate like never before.
That’s a total of EIGHT speakers making their debut in the UK at our event…
And none of our other speakers are to be upstaged, either. Every single expert that graces the Summit stage is a full-on rockstar in their own right – you are in for a serious treat, I promise!
6. The entire event is focused on Building, Marketing and Monetizing your business Have you ever been to a live event that felt ‘stitched’ together, when it came to the content. I know I have. At the Youpreneur Summit, the schedule has been meticulously put together and thought out. You’ll get a seamless learning experience, from one speaker to the next.
7. The devil is in the details We’ve thought of everything. Proper English tea and biscuits, good coffee, fast wifi, incredible speakers, networking opportunities (you’ll find clients at the Summit, as well as new friends!), excellent swag, ample time to relax, lots of freebies, as well as networking and masterminding time – which when coupled together will change your business forever. You won’t be left feeling like you’ve missed out on anything.
8. Speaking of that networking and masterminding… Going back to number one on this list… nobody has a monopoly on good ideas. You simply MUST surround yourself with other like-minded entrepreneurs that ‘get it’ to be able to take your own business to the next level. We’ll be including plenty of time on each day of the conference for networking and brainstorming. And if you want to take it to the next level, grab hold of one of the limited tickets for the 3rd day mastermind! Everything is put together in an environment that’ll maximize the output you’ll get from being with us.
9. Takeaways – and lots of ’em! When I leave an event I judge it’s value by looking at my notebook. If it’s not jammed with notes on takeaways, ideas, plans and overall awesomeness, then I know I’ve not got my monies worth for being there. We guarantee you’ll have more takeaways from the Summit that you’ll know what to do with! Chris Ducker London.
10. It’s in London, baby!!! London is the most incredible city in the world (I was born there, so I’m biased!). It’s vibrant, it’s fun, it’s memorable and most importantly, it’s my hometown – and I can’t wait to welcome you to it in November at this years Youpreneur Summit.
Will I see you there?
Let me know by sending me a Tweet, or by sending me a message on Instagram!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The ‘Super Early Bird’ ticket discount for this years event will disappear at Midnight on April 30, 2018. Please secure your place now, to do so at the lowest price possible!