I had great discussion with Terry Terranova who is the Head of Leadership and Capability at Newcrest Mining Company. Newcrest is one of the world’s largest gold mining companies, with mining sites in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Indonesia and also Africa.
Since 2015, Newcrest have been building upon their ‘cultural’ safety program with one primary objective in mind – Everybody going home safe and healthy every day
With all the improvements in safe work practices over the last 30 years, accidents occur not so much because of a lack of awareness and training, but still primarily because of a culture of silence!
Inside this episode you’ll learn
- The 3 pillars of the NewSafe safety strategy
- Why all the current safety initiatives were now effective
- The power of developing stories and themes
- The process of creating leaders, mentors and coaches
- Why NewSafe is much more than a cultural initiative
Thanks for joining us and we hope you enjoy learning about Newcrest and their NewSafe program. If you enjoyed please leave us a review on iTunes.
As we mentioned in the podcast, click here for a copy of ‘Silent Danger’ research.
If you want to learn more about VitalSmarts skills mastery please subscribe and feel free to review and share with your associates.